Monday 18 November 2013

E-Mail Of The Day+

From: Carl Bishop
Subject: Re: Batkid/Unsound

Using the internet (indiegogo) to raise raise $ to make a movie decrying the internet!

Priceless....

(Re: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/unsound)

________________________________________________
________________________________________________

From: Kori Linae Carothers
Subject: Re: Batkid and Random Thanks!

Hey Bob…

I didn't watch the Batkid thingy. BUT I DID want you to know something. After my failed attempts of using the crowd funding site Kickstarter a few years back (due to my ignorant self and a few other factors). I read your piece on PledgeMusic. Starting in July of this year I began research to fund my next solo album, I contacted PledgeMusic and actually got to talk to someone there. Which was amazing to me, since Kickstarter was NO where near as helpful. To my utter surprise, Pledge assigned me a Pledge Music team member to pretty much hold my hand as I started to build my campaign. Now that I have launched my campaign last Tuesday, its at 60% funded so far.

I just wanted to write and give you my THANKS for your review about them. Because of this review, I did my research, talked to several people that have used Pledge, as well as asking people to help with the exclusives. Its been an amazing thing to watch unfold.

Have a GREAT week!

Kori Linae Carothers

________________________________________________

Subject: Re: Re-Lou Reed

I played lead guitar on Lou's Coney Island Baby record. My brother Bruce and I met him in Toronto with Mick Ronson!

And was lucky enough to get to play his newly bought 60s fender strat on the sessions - he wanted first takes on all the solos and we would do some fixes where needed but otherwise he would explain the song lyrics and a general suggestion for vibe and off I went to play off the cuff licks which is what he wanted... It worked out great!

He was a genius and he worked with my dear friend and mentor Dick Wagner !

Bob Kulick

________________________________________________

(Note: I'm including the below note because I pulled up Steve Hunter's album on Spotify and was stunned how good it was, check it out: http://spoti.fi/18KOk63)

From: Karen Hunter
Subject: Guitar Player Steve Hunter

Hello Bob

My husband is Steve Hunter who you mentioned in your piece about Lou Reed's recent passing. Steve is legally blind but I read it to him and in it you mentioned that you had purchased his solo album after hearing him with Lou. You may have been talking about an earlier album like Swept Away or The Deacon, if that is the case we would very much like to send you Steve's new album 'The Manhattan Blues Project'.

'Manhattan Blues' was done with the help of a Kickstarter campaign but we were lucky enough to get some wonderful guest appearances which has helped market the album.

Joe Satriani, Joe Perry, Johnny Depp, Marty Friedman, Michael Lee Firkins, Tony Levin, Phil Aaberg, Tommy Henriksen and 2Cellos.

All the guests participated because of their love and respect for Steve and now we are in ten categories for the 56th Grammy's. We are under no illusions, the chances of a Kickstarter funded project even getting through the first round is of course slim but we have faith that the music will speak for itself.

Kindest regards

Karen

http://www.stevehunter.com/Bio_2.html

________________________________________________

From: Cheryl Strayed
Subject: Re: Rhinofy-The Most Beautiful Girl

You are so right about Charlie Rich. I wrote about him in WILD, actually. Specifically about how my father used to sing that song "The Most Beautiful Girl in the World" to me and my sister. He had a lot to regret. Still does. (His good taste in music is one of the few positive things I have to say about him--Charlie Rich, Tom T. Hall, Johnny Cash, The Everly Brothers, Connie Francis.)

I always love reading you, Bob. I hope you're well.

xx
Cheryl
http://www.cherylstrayed.com/


--
Visit the archive: http://lefsetz.com/wordpress/
--
http://www.twitter.com/lefsetz
--
If you would like to subscribe to the LefsetzLetter,
http://www.lefsetz.com/lists/?p=subscribe&id=1

If you do not want to receive any more LefsetzLetters, http://lefsetz.com/lists?p=unsubscribe&uid=0eecea7b60b461717065cbde887c8e25

To change your email address http://lefsetz.com/lists?p=preferences&uid=0eecea7b60b461717065cbde887c8e25




--
Powered by PHPlist, www.phplist.com --

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.