Friday 28 July 2017

Mailbag

From: Alok Petrillo
Re: The New Mick Jagger Tracks

Hey Bob,

Thank you for your kind words regarding my remix of Mick Jagger's "Gotta Get a Grip". This is a track that I'm extremely proud of and honored to have signed. I met Mick in Brazil a few months ago and when he asked me to do this I was shocked. I was in the middle of a tour and stopped everything to get it just right. Mick really dove in heads on this project with me and helped me get this the way it is now. At one point I really felt that he couldn't get any satisfaction! By the fifth version we got it just right and the reaction from everyone involved was incredible. I knew we had created something special. Anyways, I very happy it's out for everyone to hear and extremely grateful for the positive reaction.

Best,
Alok

________________________________________

From: Tony Hawk
Re: Bieber Stops

Hi Bob,

Thanks for sharing this healthy perspective about life on the road. I have been touring on and off since the age of 14 (35 years now!) and it's true; you're firing all the time, the days bleed together, and your crew becomes your surrogate - yet more dysfunctional - family. And there is no room for sucking at your job, even for an hour. I've learned through the follies of excess to stay focused on why I'm here and why I get to live this dream: because I'm good at riding a skateboard. And to prioritize time with my family over any celebrity-driven media opportunities. This revelation came later than it should, but I am thankful I didn't get eaten by the machine like so many others. The public always want more, especially if you are saving your best for the ones that will love you after the hype fades. I wish more entertainers could realize this before destroying themselves. Saying no is powerful and enlightening, but so difficult.

Still waiting on that offer for a Vegas residency though...

-Tony Hawk


--
Visit the archive: http://lefsetz.com/wordpress/?utm_source=phplist5955&utm_medium=email&utm_content=text&utm_campaign=Mailbag
--
http://www.twitter.com/lefsetz?utm_source=phplist5955&utm_medium=email&utm_content=text&utm_campaign=Mailbag
--
If you would like to subscribe to the LefsetzLetter,
http://www.lefsetz.com/lists/?p=subscribe&id=1&utm_source=phplist5955&utm_medium=email&utm_content=text&utm_campaign=Mailbag

If you do not want to receive any more LefsetzLetters, http://lefsetz.com/lists/?p=unsubscribe&uid=0eecea7b60b461717065cbde887c8e25&utm_source=phplist5955&utm_medium=email&utm_content=text&utm_campaign=Mailbag

To change your email address http://lefsetz.com/lists/?p=preferences&uid=0eecea7b60b461717065cbde887c8e25&utm_source=phplist5955&utm_medium=email&utm_content=text&utm_campaign=Mailbag




-- powered by phpList, www.phplist.com --

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.