Tuesday 19 September 2017

Re-Lululemon

Try the ABC (anti ball crushing--yes, really--that's what they are called) black pants.  Amazing travel gear. A zippered pocket for passport. I have three pair for the road. No jeans. These are too comfy and functional. 

Why did we ever wear tight jeans that hurt our gonads?? 

Kim Bullard

_________________________________

Get the Men's Lululemon ABC Pant. They have pockets, belt loops, zip fly, and everything, like a normal pair of pants. They look like traditional pants, but feel amazing. Black, khaki, and more colors available. 

Derek Murawski

_________________________________

The pants are 100% worth it too. 

Conor O'Phelan

_________________________________

So funny. I felt  the same way when a friend of mine recommended lulu pants for men.  The abc  pants are awesome ! I wear them as golf pants, workout pants and going out pants . Keep up the good work . Love the letter and loved hearing you on the wrap up show.  

Todd Appelbaum

_________________________________

Good Afternoon;

Try their ABC pants. I believe it stands for Anti Ball Crushing - of course I could be wrong. Great pants for travel...and they don't wrinkle. Light as hell and dry quickly. Cost roughly $150 CDN.

Thanks for all that you do.

Respectfully...

Sascha Tukatsch

_________________________________

I live in Vancouver, where Lululemon was born and it's a religion here. You are either lover of the brand and all it's new agey-Gwyneth Paltrow marketing or you scoff at it. But I'm a man in the middle, I've owned one item of theirs, the black ABC pants, for years and I love them. Good fit, quality and comfort. 

If you're after a dressy/casual pair of do everything pants, try them. I got mine maybe 4 years ago and they are still going strong. 

Cheers

Aidan Mouellic 

_________________________________

There is way more out there than Lululemon.
 
My wife looks great in Betabrand - https://www.betabrand.com/womens/pants/

Cary W. White

_________________________________

Lol. Wearing my lululemons right now. 

jennirizarry

_________________________________

ha ha! my girlfriend bought me a pair of lululemon shorts because she hated my old, ripped, paint-stained nike ones. i was opposed to both the brand and the cost. i already had perfectly serviceable gym shorts! now i have 2 pairs of black knee-length lulu's. love em and wear them all the time.

Ryan Brown

_________________________________

I've been a yoga teacher for years and 10 years ago people would make fun of me wearing my yoga pants, now the same people are wearing them. It's funny how people jump on the band wagon once something is 'cool'.

Yogaroots

_________________________________

What do you need, Bob? We have one in Saskatoon and have for a loooonng time. Lots of selection.
And Lululemon was started by your favorite people- Canadians! 

Todd Devonshire

_________________________________

B- Lululemon has deep snowboard roots.
(Chip Wilson) first founded Westbeach snowboard outerwear company in the early 90's. Sold the trademark decades ago and the current CEO for Lululemon is Laurent Potdevin, who use to be the president of Burton Snowboards back in the 90's & 2000's

Joel Gomez

_________________________________

Man, l just discovered yoga pants too. Have been wearing the ones from target. Made for women but they feel great.

Thanks for the Lulemon tip. Do the men's version have proper pockets? 

Landry Butler

_________________________________

Another advantage to being a girl. With ankle length yoga pants, you can
tart them up with a fancy top, cool shoes and go ANYWHERE.

Randi Swindel

_________________________________

I do Pilates — real Pilates — four times a week. It's the perfect exercise for the beat up aged athlete. Bad shoulders, degenerative spine condition, elbow, hips and knee, but I can do Pilates like a pro. My tip for you at Lululemon is by the time you figure out that their shorts or long pants are your favorites it's too late to go back and get more. They don't repeat themselves. After this happened to me twice I've learned to buy two pair just to be safe. T-shirts who cares? I''ve got hundreds.

Geoffrey Cushing-Murray

_________________________________

Check out Mizzen and Main. They make dress shorts and chino's for men in the same material. I live in them. Also, expensive, but worth it. No only comfortable, but they never wrinkle! No need to dry-clean.

I think the stretchy fabric is the future of all clothes.

- Brett Andrews

_________________________________

Prana.  I don't like all of their clothes but their pants and shorts fit me perfectly and they take back clothes which you feel are defective, no questions asked. They make you loyal.  

Same thing for Blundstone boots.  I had a pair I bought in 2006. Soles started to disintegrate. I called this year to see about sole replacement...not looking for a handout. They ended up sending a new pair of boots to me. After 11 years of hard use!  

None of this stuff is cheap but well worth it.

Jeff Sackman

_________________________________

Damn. You had me SOLD on the Yoga Shorts until I went to the website and found that they didn't have them in Fat Guy sizes. 

In the words of Johnny "Guitar" Watson, Ain't That A Bitch.

Mark Edwards Edelstein

_________________________________

Bob, try Birddogs.com. You're welcome.


John A. F. Smith

_________________________________

Last July, as I was preparing for shoulder surgery in August, I was in need of (as you well know) long pants without buttons, zippers, or belts that I could wear for about 8 weeks while my arm was in the brace yet still look presentable at work.  And even more importantly, still being able to dress myself and use the restroom with my uninjured left arm.   When my sister said "you should try Lululemon" I laughed.   She said don't laugh, go there.   I did and was I ever pleased.  The 3 pair of long pants in different colors and weights that I now own are my favorites.   I wore them in August and September in the Atlanta heat, yet they were always cool.   I wear them now when I coach hockey on the bench and they are always warm.   Throw in the free alterations for my 29 inch inseam and I too am a believer.

Sincerely,

Tim McNamara

_________________________________

You are so funny. This made me laugh but for all the right reasons. 

I have the same shorts and my wife is a health coach and yogie so 
I know Lulu. And hear the debate around the rise vs fail of "Athleisure" on MSNBC.

Also LOVING my Allbirds and gifted a few pair so thanks for that tip. And
bought a pair of Olukai based on the mail bag comments. Your rants are
now the Lefsetz Fashion Blog.

Hope to connect with you at Aspen Live.

Cheers,

John Digger Pelaez

_________________________________

The inventor of yoga pants deserves a Nobel Peace Prize...or atleast a Nobel Pimp Prize. It's like an art gallery of asses walking around everywhere. Don't know how any man can be angry in a world with yoga pants...

Coley 

_________________________________

another $270 thanks to Bob...looking forward to jeans alternative @ work.
thanks Bob!

Gary W. Mendel

_________________________________

Bob, Wait till you try their underwear!!!!  Even better than the shorts.  Jim Rodgers

_________________________________

Expensive, overly-promoted hipster yoga pants for LA anorexic women...sorry Lululemon is out...found real women yoga pants after much searching on Amazon...infamous Calvin Kleins...$37.50...I own a dozen pair and live in them...looks great...who would a guessed I am "style" hilarious and ridiculous...I have a "dungaree" history too...but too much discomfort in the "camel toe" zone....black yoga pants will see me to the next life...Pat Britton

_________________________________

Hahah, welcome to the good side! I was with an artist today at the AOL Build Series studios in NYC, and our publicists and label guy were all wearing sneakers and talking about how comfort is everything these days. It's true, especially in NYC! 

Sara Sopher
This Fiction

_________________________________

Gee, Bob…you convinced me…I wanted to order some of the oants but they only go up to size 40. NFG for fat, old guys like me (hello size 44).

*sigh*…Steve Z

_________________________________

LuluLemon is the future. This is your new pant.

https://shop.lululemon.com/p/men-pants/Discipline-Pant/_/prod5020219?rcnt=10&N=88b&cnt=14&color=LM5245S_1966

?Lynn Crosswaite?

_________________________________

Lululemon is good but pricey. But there's a company called Uniqlo from Japan that makes much more affordable gym-inspired, comfortable street clothes. I'm more familiar with their stores in Singapore, HK and KL but I can also vouch for the Manhttan stores. I HATE clothes shopping but Uniqlo is actually fun. You can shop online, but I believe the retail experience would convert any guy who doesn't like buying clothes.

Keith Brown

_________________________________

Ha! I frickin' get it! I went from Armani Suits, Zegna Suits and would even occasionally splurge on an Brioni sport coat! Now I sold all that pretentious bullshit, and I spend less on that to spend more on Lululemon! Buy the pants! The more you have, the more difficult it is to get dressed everyday based on the possibility of choices. The stuff is undeniably awesome and addicting. Like Hendrix- which, by the way, Happy Birthday Jimi!

Greg A. LeVine
Rockit Artists
Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

_________________________________

This company is for shirts what Lulu is for pants. The shirts have nylon and
spandex built in but don't look like it. Also not cheap, but worth it.

https://stateandliberty.com/pages/about-us

Martin Smith

_________________________________

I work for lululemon, at our distribution center in Columbus, Ohio!  
Prior to working here, I only knew about the see through stretchy pants!  Well, now I am a believer in our products. You need to try the ABC pants (Anti Ball Crushing), they are 4-way stretch, look like "slacks", but you can wear them for work or a golf game, or church, or a night out!  I even do quick workouts in them!

Thanks for the positive review, and I think once you put on our pants and shirts, you will want to fill your wardrobe, I have!

Jamie Rogerson
Manager, Outbound Logistics - USA

_________________________________

$88 ????  Yikes, ain't no shorts worth that.  I only buy pants, shirts, shorts, fleece etc. at Uniqlo, just as hip and comfortable at a third the price.

John Brodey

_________________________________

I really liked this RealLifeMag article about the yoga pants craze, which I'm all in on. :)

"Athleisure offers a physical feeling that corresponds to how we are expected to feel about work, merging work and play, effort and pleasure."

http://reallifemag.com/pajama-rich/

Julie Young

_________________________________

Hellz yes, Lululemon! I was a reluctant convert- 'thought they were for the overbreds. But then I happened on their leggings in the Nulux fabric. No binding, rolling or sagging. My legs are cooler with them on than off- and I live in Austin, TX! 

Lulu might have missed on a few designs, but who cares? 

And personally, streamlined comfort is couture. Those are cute shorts. 

-Lauri Pearson

_________________________________

Secret tip: buy them directly in China via Aliexpress. I ordered 2 casual business stretch pants for only USD 30,- They are so good that I ordered another 2.
So now I have 4 comfortable stretch pants in different colors for USD 60,-
I am 1.81 m, weight 84 kg. Size 36 is on the spot!
That's what the Internet is for.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/SYT-New-Arrival-Mens-Casual-Business-Pant-Stretch-trousers-regular-Straight-Pant-Black-Blue-Khaki-Big/32810542995.html?spm=2114.search0203.3.211.VCNM2e&s=p&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_1_10152_10065_10151_10068_10209_9866_10084_10083_10080_10304_10307_10082_10081_10301_10177_10110_10137_10111_10060_10112_10113_10155_10114_10154_10056_10055_10054_10312_10313_10059_10314_10315_100031_10099_10078_10079_10210_10103_10073_10102_10052_10053_10142_10107_10050_10051,searchweb201603_1,ppcSwitch_5_ppcChannel&btsid=76d55c4d-0b3e-4e3c-aa7c-160df31e83a8&transAbTest=ae803_2

Nico Aarts

_________________________________

Preach, Bob.

I wear Lululemon pants just about every day. I'm a cyclist - not a
clicky-shoes guy, but I ride my bike to work in SF every day - and I
took notice when they came out with a men's design called ABC. That's
"anti-ball-crushing." They are nice, business-casual pants with a
little bit of stretch and a flattering fit. But they have a panel in
the crotch that's extra stretchy, more breathable, and has an extra
cross-stitch for durability so you don't shred them on your bike seat.
If you ride a bike in regular pants, you've always wanted a cut that's
more forgiving on the jewels. Now, everyone makes "bike commuter
pants," from Levis down to the specialty urban commuting clothing
brands. I've tried them all (my job is to report on consumer
products). But these Lululemon ABCs... I rave about them to the men in
my circle of friends, and 90 percent of the time, they didn't even
know Lulu makes men's stuff. I've endured some snickers. I've also
converted a couple of dudes. And I've bought three pairs for myself.

Michael Calore

_________________________________

Hi Bob.  Always love your letters. 

This article just popped into my inbox this morning.  For your reading pleasure.  Shari

'Lululemon aims for a progressive take on masculinity"
http://strategyonline.ca/2017/09/19/lululemon-aims-for-a-progressive-take-on-masculinity/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=lululemon-aims-for-a-progressive-take-on-masculinity&_u=w2Rs8RkbcsM%3d

Shari Siskind

_________________________________

Yes! My wife finally convinced me to buy a pair of shorts (she always said their clothes were very comfortable, but I resisted because I thought they were overpriced...at least for me). Now they're my favorite shorts!

Matt Burnett

_________________________________

Now my life is complete, when I can wear the same shorts as Bob Lefsetz. :)

But seriously, I randomly bought a pair of Prana (expensive!) pants in Portland on a whim and wish all my clothes felt this good to wear. I'm seriously considering pulling a Steve Jobs and just wearing one outfit for life. 

The upside of hipsterisms' obsession with user design. Let's hope this trend lives on. 

Steve Sullivan

_________________________________

Hi bob, loved reading your note below and want to introduce you to Joe Kudla who is CEO of a men's activewear clothing company that you should check out.  Their sweats for men are unbelievable. And Mraz and I happen to be investors, but they're crushing it in retail at a number of national accounts, huge ecommerce numbers, and all my friends and clients who we've turned on to them are evangelists and repeat buyers.  Check it out.
https://www.vuoriclothing.com

Word,
Bill Silva

_________________________________

So Larry David

Still going to check them out though!

Stephen T. Jenkins



--
Visit the archive: http://lefsetz.com/wordpress/
--
http://www.twitter.com/lefsetz
--
If you would like to subscribe to the LefsetzLetter,
http://www.lefsetz.com/lists/?p=subscribe&id=1

If you do not want to receive any more LefsetzLetters, http://lefsetz.com/lists/?p=unsubscribe&uid=0eecea7b60b461717065cbde887c8e25

To change your email address http://lefsetz.com/lists/?p=preferences&uid=0eecea7b60b461717065cbde887c8e25




-- powered by phpList, www.phplist.com --

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.