Saturday 27 October 2018

Re-World Series

Sometimes I think we are in the same brain.

Last night was the end of baseball for sure. You were not in a house full of teenagers. I was and even as the game became historic and my kids and their friends said they preferred one team or the other none of them watched. And to my utter amazement, in a world where my sons will always look for an excuse to stay up late, they were both sound asleep in their beds when Muncy won the game.

I would not have gone to bed during that game ever in my life unless the bed contained someone even more alluring than live sports. My sons chose to put themselves to sleep alone and find out who won when they wake up. The new age us here and I agree we are never going back.

Keep up the great work.

Chris Moore

__________________________________________

What a crazy amazing game. I just happened to get home in time to watch it thinking it would be 9 innings! But boy was I wrong! But boy am I glad I got to watch such a historical game. Amazing on so many levels!
Now we got s series!
I was working but had to stop. I got fascinated by ever pitch and the strategy that the head coaches used with switching players to different positions and the pitching thing was WOW!
I can't wait to watch game 4! Lol

Kenny Aronoff

__________________________________________

My teenaged son and his friends like basketball, soccer and football. They get as much of their sports enjoyment playing video games (EA FIFA, NBA 2K, Madden) as watching actual sports.
They never talk about or watch baseball. Ever.

Alex Seldin

__________________________________________

Funny thing about the World Series is that it's not really a 'World' thing.
It's an American thing.
The title says more about about America's opinion of itself then the global reach of Baseball.

Alan Pell

__________________________________________

But nobody watches in real time at home. The same commercials over and over again would kill most sports that have a relatively small action to length ratio. Soccer got it right even tho scoring is low. I can watch an entire Red Sox game in about 40 minutes and at 1 x I can zero in on the dramatic highlights.

John Brodey

__________________________________________

I'm on the west coast and watched the game until the end. I imagine that no one (outside of Boston) on the east coast was watching. I almost stopped watching several times because of the commercials. In the words of Howard Stern's mother Ray "You're doing too much!" Stop punishing us with so many commercials.

As the game goes on and we spend 5,6,7 hours of our night there should be fewer commercials to keep us watching. Don't punish us with another car, beer, or cell phone ad for sticking with the game!

Best,

Ryan Swindall

__________________________________________

Wait until you try watching Test Cricket. It goes for five days (they go to a hotel to sleep each night, then continue play the next day) and most games end in a draw! It's amazing.

Anthony Gardiner

__________________________________________

I tried to read this whole article but I kept checking WhatsApp and losing the thread ;-)

But seriously - where is hockey in this??? It's the perfect sport for this age: fast, furious, about great teamwork based on individual brilliance - and you can't cut away for ads until there's a natural break in the action. And it features impolite Canadians. What more can you ask for?

Bob Ezrin

__________________________________________

Thank God for the Fox Sports app, I watched innings 8-18 on my phone in Houston, staying at a friend's place with no tv!

Marc Nathan

__________________________________________

That was depressing !! Looking forward to your "obit" for " Mom and Apple Pie " !!!

Joseph Carvello

__________________________________________

Pay attention. See what you never noticed went missing. Your platitudinous expression always reveals your raging superficiality.

https://nyti.ms/2JhahnR

Charles Williams

__________________________________________

If you don't like baseball, then don't watch. That's your choice. But don't attempt to tell me or others what I should or should not like just because you don't. Trump, the media and now you. Relax Francis. You're free to think whatever you prefer as long as you don't harm. So am I. Let's just take a breath.

Barry Katz

__________________________________________

Could have gone to ZHU at red rocks and gotten home in plenty of time to watch the ending ;)

Jonathan Fordin

__________________________________________

Maybe your best post, ever. I give zero shits about baseball, but I remember when I did. We can't care about everything, in this one life we're given. I'm glad you're riding shotgun.

Mojo Bone

__________________________________________

This summer I moved from Toronto to Montréal. One thing that struck me as I read your post was that I didn't even know the WS was happening. Last year in Toronto, even though the Jays were out, there was a TV in every bar where you could still track things baseball. Not here. We can speculate why but the fact is that baseball isn't even a thing here, let alone a "World Series"

Georg Nikodym

__________________________________________

Hey, Bob - everything's about money.

Bruce Gow

__________________________________________

Big Cubs fan here since the early 1960's. And I watched the World Series last night (well first 14 innings) the same way I watched about 90% of the Cubs games - via DVR replay. The Directv feature DoublePlay works perfect.

With the game recording, I watch more interesting programming while I follow the game action via my phone on one of the many gamecast/gametracker apps. When something EXCITING is happening I switch over via DoublePlay and watch it live. If I miss a home run or a great defensive play, I find it via rewind. Action over, switch back to the program I was watching and continue monitoring game action via my phone..

I, like most baseball fans, like action. Can't stomach all the swings and misses and resulting strikeouts.

Let this sink in: In 2018 - 41,207 strikeouts in the major leagues (up from 40,104 last year). And for the first time in baseball history - MORE STRIKEOUTS THAN HITS! 188 more to be exact!!

Is baseball savable? When a baseball fan of almost 60 years finds it too boring to watch in real time, how is the game going to attract the young fans?

Rob Evans
Francesville, IN

__________________________________________

Yes, Bob,
I grew up in NYC too...my dad filled me in on the baseball universe in the 50s and 60s. World series day games after school! Mays, McCovey, Mantle, Berra, Koufax, Drysdale, Gibson....legends and heroes.

2018? Ok, the Red Sox? That's fitting. But....Porcello to Eovaldi. Buehler and Wood? Faceless. Data analytics. WAR stats. Commercials up your ass. Maybe game 7 in Boston.... in November! 32 degrees? Any wonder?

Ownership does not lead. Money follows the people. When ownership kills the carcass, they'll just find something else to throw their money at. And maybe someone will remember? Sad but true.

Steve Chrismar

__________________________________________

Agree with almost all of this. I will saw however, Game 1 was awesome, hit after hit, run after run, it was all action.

Gary Johnson

__________________________________________

"The game remains the same but times have changed". - BINGO!
Thanks for this. Never have so many, especially so many in America, MISSED that point entirely.

Larry Brown

__________________________________________

All the pro sports seasons are too long but that's because it is all about the money. Basketball and hockey end in June besides baseball ending in late October. Football starts in August. Why $$$.

Go Red Sox!

Larry Green

__________________________________________

Gary Vee talks about this, I highly recommend!

https://youtu.be/v2ooD0NmGRY

Daniel

__________________________________________

Brilliant post. But PLEASE stop beginning sentences with "Hell, ...." There were more instances than I care to count. It's extremely overused in writing online, and nobody would say it in real life. Thank you! Jake, in Brooklyn

__________________________________________

We knew it would end. They all do. I too couldn't help but hang in. Along with my phone, I added my transistor radio game call for some old school multimedia. Could have burned through a pouch of chewing tobacco assuming they still make the stuff. Dodgers in seven.

All the best,

Paul Irvine

__________________________________________

I moved to Japan about 5 1/2 years ago and watched the game from 9:10 a.m to 4:00 p.m. in the afternoon it was broadcast on NHK WOW-WOW (there PBS) right off the satellite in 4k definition ~ It was so clear I could make out faces in the nose bleed seats and if that wasn't enough they allowed a second audio program feed to be passed through in English ~

Sadly they reran the lowlights of the past innings instead of the usual commercials ~ I decided to take a nap at about the 12th inning my thinking was that it would be over in an hour when I woke up and I'd see the highlights that evening on the news ~ I was really surprised to see it was still on when I woke up ~ It was Saturday over here (your tomorrows are my yesterdays) so it was my choice to sit around and take care of some stuff I had to do on my laptop and watch the game at the same time ~

Having worked for FOX Sports West I can only imagine what it was like on the broadcast trucks in the parking lot ~ The air gets a little stuffy in there ~ I'm sure much of the crew were a little unhappy but that will all change when they see their overtime on their pay stubs ~

After it was all over NHK did an interview with Dodger Kenta Maeda in Japanese and with none of the other American players ~ Boring ~

Regards

Rock Singer

__________________________________________

Bob how many people in Southie last night were in bars with the doors locked and the lights low shitting a brick at 3am.........

Matthew O'Hagan

__________________________________________

Baseball was meant for radio. Living in Barcelona temporarily I find myself waking up early and listening to the game on an app. Dan Shulman of ESPN painted the picture of Dodger Stadium and the excitement of an 18 inning game. I felt I was there. It was magic like when I was a kid with my transistor radio hiding under the covers listening to my
Phillies play.

Times have changed, yes, but baseball on the radio still does it for me.

Glad you hung in there for a great game. You got 2 games in one. Game on.

T. J. Lambert, Barcelona, Spain.

__________________________________________

The game tonight had tension from beginning to end. If you couldn't feel it, you weren't really watching it. Of course, in some ways, baseball is like a chess match. Some of the tension comes from strategy. It's internal. It requires paying close attention and focus.
Also - I believe that the players of today are every bit as solid with the fundamentals of the game as the players from earlier eras were. Maybe even more so. But, like all of us, players are human. To quote a cliche, "We all make mistakes", evan the best of us.

Jim Kweskin

__________________________________________

There's no crying in baseball. Please be more positive and hopeful

John Shaheen

__________________________________________

Ha! I have to tape the games and fast forward to every pitch or else I get way too bored. I used to have zero problems watching a game years ago. A lot what you're saying here is so true. Everything's moving so fast In the world except for these pitchers! Lol thanks for the fun read..

keith

__________________________________________

Epl not perfect but reason why biggest sports league in world
And reason why us sports have not taken over the world
Its basically non stop action for 45 mins each half
No ads until half time
3 pm kick offs not allowed on tv
Stadiums full
Lots of away fans
Unlike rest of europe there are six teams with chance of winning
And teams get relegated
So that makes bottom of league interesting
Its followed all round the world
Go to india china etc noone can name a us sports team
And they aren't real teams just franchises
My team bristol rovers doing really badly in third division
But that doesn't mean want stop supporting them
Yours
martin elbourne

__________________________________________

Bob,
Cody's a winner!
A major leaguer...
He gambled.
He lost this time.
He didn't mope or quit.
Next time he made a highlight throw.
Dodgers won!
You're a great read.
You're an All Star in your craft.
Waiting for Lefsetz.
It's coming soon.
You don't quit.
THX!
DandyDon

__________________________________________

Totally disagree, although I thought a Sox-Dodgers series would be more interesting. Remember the Sox-Cincinnati series in 1975? That was an inflection point in baseball history. Johnny Bench, Fred Lynn. Great series. Got me interested in baseball again. Don't worry. It will come back stronger than ever.

David Murphy

__________________________________________

Its whats wrong with Baseball, too slow and too long.
Baseball should adapt the same rules as Football, after 9 innings, play one inning and if its a tie, its a tie.
Who in their right mind wants to sit for 7 1/2 hours listening to this dribble from sportscasters ?
There is only one Vin Scully, the rest, especially on ESPN cannot shut up, then they put 3 sportscasters in a booth, gag.
And going to a Baseball game isn't much better because fans have no manners, they'll stand in front of you the whole game.
The only good seat at a baseball stadium is in the front row.
I use to enjoy going to Wrigley field years ago when it was half empty, now its just a bunch of annoying drunks.

Thanks for the column
LaBeets (Robert Pisaneschi)

__________________________________________

Interesting perspective Bob. When I was a kid, I remember when it was a huge BIG deal (historic moment) when the Cubs finally drew a million fans for the entire season... do the math...that was only an average of about 12,000 fans per game. And tickets were affordable for anyone...50 cents for bleachers, $1.25 for grandstands, every friday was ladies' day (free admission for women), which my Mom loved. Players stayed on the same teams for years, so you definitely knew your team. Pitchers started every fourth game, and pitched way deeper into their starts. Now, with tickets having become unaffordable for many, the stadiums are packed (maybe not in Oakland), the Cubs have drawn over 3mm fans annually for years, many totally average players are making crazy amounts of money (which HAS to be paid by the fans in one form or another), and you say baseball is dying? Are you serious? I do agree the season is too long with the current playoff structure. But I watched that game last night. No matter who you were pulling for, the game was amazing. And you know it! And I'm betting you aren't done watching baseball this year!

Byron Udell

__________________________________________

I love the idea/thought that we are "curating a world for yourself." I'm stealing that one. With so many work related interruptions and demands during the week, I immediately related. I curate my alone time on the weekends when I can shut the world off. And it struck me that I did just that with this game last night. I got home thinking I'd watch an inning. But I got drawn in by the tie. Next thing I know, I've turned off the lights (and the world), lit a couple candles and watched the game in solitude, literally wringing my hands like the fans in the stands. I had curated my Friday night for myself using this amazing game as a personal journey. I barely picked up my phone which is a remarkable feat in 2018.

I doubt I could do this with a football game where there is so much hype and marketing and what with the alien looking uniform colors that speak to everything but the game. I can no longer relate.

Usually I put on a Netflix series or a recommended film. But I inevitably hit pause to look at my phone. How is it that with all the between inning ad breaks I barely touched the thing last night? I guess the journey of the game was relatable to my curated personal time.

Regards,
Paul Nordlund

__________________________________________

Well you are right once more. Change comes, and it comes whether we like it or not. The point is whether any of us is even trying to influence what the changes are. Like you, I was bred a Yankee fan. I have a team signed ball somewhere.
Baseball is not alone in struggling for an audience as the sheer amount of content in the current tsunami of creation means we can all be distracted into our own little universe. Meanwhile I was nearly hallucinating by the end of this game. Note that I did stay up to watch it in the East.
The focus on ourselves is not in isolation from the deluge of content. We are both self involved and at the same time bewildered and distracted, and to a great extent this looks like a house of cards as with too much to look at or listen someone is not going to make it.
Your blog however, remains on my reading list.

thanks, Robert Heiblim

__________________________________________

Baseball is a game that requires paying attention. By the players and by the fan. You aren't paying attention.

If you were, you might be observing that the way it is broadcast has fundamentally changed, and not for the good.

As broadcast these days, watching each at bat is a painful series of Hitchcock-like closeup facial quick cuts...pitcher's face, batter, manager, other manager, catcher's crotch, perhaps a base runner.

In today's game, crazy new defensive shifts have taken over and third basemen are playing SS and required to make plays and coverages they never had to learn growing up. Same for SS and 2B.

Do the networks ever show the viewer the defensive alignment anymore? The view the catcher sees, and most fans in the stadium see every pitch?
NO!

Has Bob Lefsetz noticed this? NO.

Fact is, its MLB's product, and they don't care to manage the way it is presented. If i can't see how the defense is aligned, I'm not really seeing baseball. It's just an annoying series of face shots and it's boring and meaningless as hell.

You're the problem Bob. You say you're a fan or you were. You don't know how to pay attention and watch a game, and you totally missed what has gone awry.

If you were paying attention, then you would have noticed that a camera view of the defense from behind the plate or from dugout-side angles have all but disappeared from the endless boring array of quick-cut facial closeups. A viewer is lucky to see that view more than twice an inning, and many at bats or entire innings we are shown nothing at all.

The game is not being played in those faces. Defensive strategies are seldom shown. Vin retired, and the art of describing the action has died.

Why is it the same old people like you ranting over and over again without paying full attention to focusing on the fundamentals of paying attention?

You're out of it with or without a phone in your hand. MLB stole the game from you, and you never paid enough attention to know better.

Charles Williams

__________________________________________

I just turned 61 and the problem with that is the "good old days" syndrome. Baseball tops the list.
Went to my 1st Dodger game in 1965 to see my hero Koufax pitch (I later met him thru a family friend).
2 posters above my bed back then, McCartney & Koufax (still my heroes and toss in Vin Scully, my mom would put a transistor radio in my crib
when I was a baby to help me sleep) I have been to that stadium over 500 times easily (including concerts and Olympics)
My current gripes:
1) In all sports I hate "on further review". They try to speed up all the pro sports but all momentum is lost during these breaks. I would give em one minute
and if they can't overturn the call then let it be.
2) Did you hear baseball formed a committee of analytics experts to study how baseball is being ruined by analytics? Did analytics tell Lasorda to use the crippled Kirk Gibson to pinch hit in the 1988 World Series?
3) Just going to any event is a hassle, body searches, body scans, and ridiculous prices (you can buy a 12 pack of Budweiser for the price of one beer, or 40 hot dogs for the price of one) Dodger Stadium is like communist Russia. Once you make it thru horrible traffic there is no tailgating and hell you can't even drink a bottle of water in the parking lot without being hassled. Plus many fans are restricted to their own level unlike most parks that let them roam freely.
4) Finally the damn Dodgers TV deal. I get the channel but my 3 sisters do not (and so many other fans from Santa Barbara to San Clemente). The Dodgers will not win a title as long as it exists.

After all that I am at home watching The World Series. Key words: "at home" (with Notre Dame on my other TV)
Joe Mock in PDR

P.S. One more word on the sports subject:

SOCCER

A friend turned me on to the Premier League & Champions League 15 years ago. Like a good Beatles fan I picked
Liverpool to follow. The fans sing "You'll Never Walk Alone" what's not to like?

Its a beautiful game because:

1) a match takes 2 hours to play
2) no time outs or commercials except halftime
3) its international and watching Messi (Argentina) & Renaldo (Portugal) play is breathtaking (I made sure to see David Beckham when he was with The Galaxy)
4) even if its a low scoring match, the skills are always there, the bending kicks that arch around defenders, the amazing goalie stops.

This is the game of the future for the USA. It is the game for the rest of the world NOW1

__________________________________________

I dunno. I love the game. The Yankees first and foremost, but I will go to any pro game in any town if I have the chance, major league or minor league. As for TV, I watch nearly every Yankee game if I can. And the playoffs. And the World Series, no matter who's playing. This match-up of two teams I've historically never liked (Yankee DNA) is still a great match-up. And last night's game, when the outcome hinged on EVERY pitch, that was exciting for me. Every pitch, literally. As the Red Sox exhausted their pitching staff, and then both teams exhausted their benches, it got more interesting, become an endurance test, much like the 162 game regular season but with much higher stakes. The Sox had a catcher playing first base for his first time, a third baseman who kept getting knocked down, testing previously damaged joints or ligaments or bones, time after time, and getting back up again. And a pitcher who was supposed to start today coming in for a relief appearance that lasted nearly 100 pitches - the equivalent of a regular start. They only had one pitcher left, and, in the end, they didn't bring him in soon enough. Or maybe Cora lacked confidence in him, thinking he might be more likely to give up the winning run than Eovaldi, heroically mowing down Dodger after Dodger beyond anyone's expectations.

I love the game. Fielders adjust their position with every pitch, as the count on the batter changes, and the strategy and the pitch selection changes. It's the details, taught in so many cases (including mine) by parent to child (usually, but not always anymore, father to son).

The Red Sox went all in. They don't have many fresh pitchers left for tonight's game, so that will add to the drama for tonight, if the game is close in the late innings.

And, in the end, it was Max Muncy, unheralded back from literally nowhere (released by Oakland in 2017, signed to a minor league deal, starting 2018 the minors but getting sent up and hitting 35 unexpected homers in the regular season, hitting the game winner. Not one of the multi-year multi-million dollar superstars. Max Muncy.

That's why I love the game.

Toby Mamis

__________________________________________

I love ya Bob, but baseball is not dying. Know how I know? Every Sunday my 8 year old is playing at a packed youth baseball park.

Sports have become even more valuable and prominent while we experience this culture shift, and I love it.

I left the music business and now coach high school basketball. I believe more each year in the importance of sports. It is one area left in our society that is a true meritocracy. Where the harder working, better prepared team wins.

This generation wants to argue everything, and rightfully so. They've been shown a world of hypocrisy.

You know what you cant argue? The scoreboard.

That lesson for them is invaluable. Blame the refs? Sure. The coach? Ya sure him too. You still lost. Period. Now you have to pull yourself and get better. Or fade into mediocrity. Your choice.

As to viewing sports - its one area left in life where we don't know whats gonna happen. How many people predicted an 18 inning game? No one. Anywhere.

Thats why we will still watch. I agree the viewing experience may substantially change. But not the viewing itself.

Whether you are playing or watching, no one knows what's going to happen. We may see something we've never seen before like last night. People will still crave that tension, that hope, no matter how many screens are involved.

18 innings. Unbelievable.

Nick Lawson

__________________________________________

I thought this was about the "World Series." Hell, I even remember the days before color. What a line.
He needed to criticize a whole lot of things and a 7 hour baseball game gave him an excuse. I miss my father a lot, but that's exactly what he used to do. Look for a reason to rant and rave. Look Bob, you don't need to be part of the digital/technological world much if you don't want to. I finally got my second TV. First time. I now have two 32" screens. I have Sirius/XM in my car. In my home, I play the turntable only. I've got a computer. And I have a cell phone which I almost never use. I don't text and I've never downloaded an app. I've never burned a CD. I know nothing about Spotify or Pandora. I'm not on facebook or twitter. And few people have a hard time getting in touch with me. Is my behavior normal? No. But here's the thing. If I want to write a letter about the World Series, you'd read it and shake your head that a guy (right around your age) could know so much. And tell such amazing stories about the games and the players. About the World Series!!
I don't doubt you grew up loving baseball. Its a shame you don't anymore. Feel free to get in touch anytime you're writing about MLB or the NBA or seeing Bob Dylan at Forest Hills in 1965 or going to the Apollo on a Saturday night in 1970 to see James Brown or interviewing Jerry Garcia for Jazz and Pop at a Holiday Inn in New Jersey in 1970 or meeting the other David Bromberg for the first time in 1968. I'd be glad to tell you what it felt like to be there. By the way, I never look anything up before I write it. If I saw it and loved it, I know it. Forever.
Sorry if I tooted my own horn, but only you could bring me down after spending all night watching a glorious/tediously boring game. Its the WORLD SERIES, for God's sake. A baseball fan knows that.
David Bromberg

__________________________________________

I too watched the game and wow was it terrible. And I was in NY so I braved through until 3:30 am. Let's not forget the incredible game from last year's Series that was one of the greatest games of all time. I am a Yankee fan and this Series is my worst nightmare but last night set the sport back 100 years. As I was driving home from the bar in Manhattan where I watched the bulk of the game, I even listened to the radio broadcast and the announcers were mocking the game in real time. It was an awful performance and the Dodgers are a mediocre team at best so none of the games will be like last year when they were on a roll and guys were hitting.

As far as the sport itself, attendance is huge around the country and the team's are making more money than ever. However, it is a regional sport so the nation doesn't always care about it if their team isn't playing. The NBA is less popular now than 20 and 30 years ago because the players are far inferior, except for only a small handful of greats like Lebron. But where the NBA succeeded was in expanding it's reach globally and with the new technology, the NBA is able to get millions of fans watching all over the world and doesn't rely on the U.S. market. Baseball and Football have not been able to do this and may never be able to. I worked for the NBA until 1994 and grew up as a Knicks fan (don't laugh) but I watch very little basketball now because the game has deteriorated so dramatically. I have not watched any college basketball for 5 years now. The players with their need to make money as soon as possible have undermined their own game by not taking the time necessary to develop their skills.

Baseball is uniquely American and although it progresses at the speed of a glacier it is doing fine.

Keep up the great work!
Jon Hait

Producer--In This Corner TV
Nevada Boxing Hall of Fame Senior Board Member

__________________________________________

That was the greatest game I've ever seen. It was worth every inning. It was perfect. Of course there were a couple errors. You try playing 18 intense innings in front of rabid fans with all the marbles on the table.

I played a show last night in 3 Oaks Michigan. I was surreptitiously checking the score in between songs and banter. I even confessed to the audience that that's what I was doing. They totally appreciated my honesty and started shouting out updates to me.

By the time my gig ended, it was the 8th inning. I signed Cds and T-shirts and vinyl and hats. I had the game blaring on my iPhone and everyone was crowded around me watching. (I tho knit actually helped merch sales!) Then I packed up my stuff and went across the street with the promoter and his wife to the sports bar. I was on east coast time and the bar finally shut down so I drove to my hotel with the game blasting on the radio. I was all alone and tension was thick. Texts were coming in from friends.

I got to The Hampton Inn and couldn't get out of my car in the parking lot because I was glued to the radio. Finally I got to the front desk in between innings and had the game on my iPhone and was watching the 17th inning while the front desk dude checked me in. They had Ben and Jerry's ice cream so I bought some Cherry Garcia and I ran to the elevator and lost signal as I went up to the third floor. I was groaning out loud!

I got to room 312 and ran inside and turned on the tv and there was no channel guide and 400 channels! My iPhone started working again after stalling from the elevator. So I was watching the game on my phone while searching the tv in a panic.

I finally found the game on the tv and they were ahead of my feed so I was watching the past and the future game at the same time. Finally the 18th inning started and both teams looked exhausted. It was a grueling prizefight. When Max Muncy launched that home run I was screaming so loud that the people in the room next door started banging on the wall for me to shut the hell up. I was on east coast Michigan time. It was 3:30 in the morning!

Bob, I had goosebumps. I live for this game. For a small moment in time I was transported to baseball land where everything stands still and the future is unwritten and I'm not thinking about pipe bombs and politics and vitriol. I'm thinking about the joy and beauty of the greatest game. I was a kid again. Baseball! ¡Beisbol! Oh heck yes. I love this game.

God bless you Bob Lefsetz!
Yer pal,
Steve Poltz
https://linktr.ee/stevepoltz

__________________________________________

Bob, today's column was wise. i started following you in 2002, and have seen you grow from a partisan in the digital music battles to a man who writes with rare honesty and courage, Man, i am so glad i ran into your work.
tommy tompkins
LA


--
Visit the archive: http://lefsetz.com/wordpress/
--
Listen to the podcast:
-TuneIn: http://tunein.com/lefsetz
-Apple
: https://apple.co/2ndmpvp
--
http://www.twitter.com/lefsetz
--
If you would like to subscribe to the LefsetzLetter,
http://www.lefsetz.com/lists/?p=subscribe&id=1

If you do not want to receive any more LefsetzLetters, http://lefsetz.com/lists/?p=unsubscribe&uid=0eecea7b60b461717065cbde887c8e25

To change your email address http://lefsetz.com/lists/?p=preferences&uid=0eecea7b60b461717065cbde887c8e25

-- powered by phpList, www.phplist.com --

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.