Sunday 27 October 2019

More Ed Cherney

I can't thank you enough for what you wrote about Ed. You said many things that even his closest friends haven't said yet.

I flew into LA last weekend before Ed left us. We were all there.... Chuck, Al, George and Jim, the way Ed was always there for us.

Rose treated us all like the family we've been for decades. I don't know how she does it, and I don't know what we're gonna do without him.

I counted my best friends in life as Ed Cherney and Glenn Frey. I never thought we'd be living in a world without them.

Thanks for being Ed's friend.

Elliot Scheiner

_______________________________________

I had the ultimate pleasure of working with Ed on 7 different Stones projects from all over the world.
I could easily echo what everyone has already said. Instead I will simply state that I truly loved him,
and that is a huge understatement. I only wish he was here to experience what people are saying about him.
A shining example of what it is to be a professional and how to live a life.

Marty Callner

_______________________________________

Thank you for your warm tribute to Ed Cherney, who is most deserving. Eddie and I first met in 1988 on the film Coming to America, which was Nile Rodgers' first attempt at scoring a major movie. The 3 of us, along with Nile's programmer, spent 6 weeks together in a now-gone recording/mixing room on the Paramount lot. I was excited to collaborate with Nile, who was a star by then; he was terrific and still is--a genuine talent and a truly good person. But Eddie was the guy we all fell in love with. It quickly became clear why he had a circle of close friends comprised of the biz' beloved best and brightest brothers: Phil Ramone, Al Schmitt, Elliott Scheiner, George Massenburg, Bruce Swedien, Jeff Greenberg, Chuck Ainley, and more. And fans of Eddie and Rose were over the moon when those 2 fell in love and married. Anyone visiting them either in the studio or at their home in the Venice Canals rightfully felt blessed to share in their joy and good will. This is a tough loss for a lotta folks because you just can't replace someone so large in life--Eddie was a swashbuckler for sure.

Dan Carlin

_______________________________________

I was out of town when I got word of Ed?s passing, just got home last
night. I was stunned to hear of his death, had no idea he was ill.

Ed and I got to know each other at NARAS Governors meetings maybe 15 years ago. We knew each other initially from his work with my friend Kevin Montgomery way back in the early 90s. He was always warm and gracious, and in the room gave the Producers & Engineers Wing his best efforts.

Ed was always supportive even if it was'?t his project. No better a time
than when Ed "blessed" Steve Postell's studio when we started my album
there in 2013. I was the first guy in at Steve's, doing a record that took
five years to make. He gave us some different mic placement ideas for
upright bass, which I wanted throughout and is always a bear to record
properly. His input made a huge difference, and set us on exactly the
right road.

He was that way. Didn't matter if you were Bonnie or li'l ol' me, he was
helpful, upbeat, way fucking cool and generous with his time and talent. I
actually credited him on the liners for blessing the studio, and got a
copy to him through a mutual friend late last year. Wish I had known he
was ill, never gonna forget him or his friendship.

Dan Navarro

_______________________________________

I am so grateful for your love and honoring of Eddie Cherney.
I knew Eddie from Paragon Studios in Chicago where he was an apprentice with Harry Andronis under the eye of Marty Feldman and Dick Blumenthal. I was the bookkeeper and only dealt with the $. The Ohio Players were there during the night, and the daytime stories were hysterical. We were young and full of fun and music. Eddie was already a superstar. Styxx recorded in the daytime with Barry Mraz. Life was beautiful and always filled with music.
Eddie shared his life and his music with all of us, and we are grateful. My deepest sympathy to Eddie's beloved Rose and to Chucky and Leslie.
To everyone who knew and loved Ed Cherney - you were blessed.
CJ McCaro

_______________________________________

I did not know Ed very well. We did know each other From all of the interconnected people that we each knew I used to see him in different studios in LA When I was out there working and I saw him at many AES shows..Every time I saw him he acted like we were great friends and was so friendly and funny for our short time spent together. He was a giant in his field and was highly regarded and recognize it by so many greats..Would've been very easy for him just to blow me off when he saw me but he always took a couple of minutes to talk see what I was working on and just left me with an incredibly good vibe all the time..It really pisses me off when beautiful people suffer with a terrible disease it doesn't make an end of life easy..So I'm going to try and just remember how he was and when I meet somebody that maybe I don't know that well I will act the way Ed acted towards me..RIP
Peace, Jason Miles


--
Visit the archive: http://lefsetz.com/wordpress/
--
Listen to the podcast:
-iHeart: https://ihr.fm/2Gi5PFj
-Apple
: https://apple.co/2ndmpvp
--
http://www.twitter.com/lefsetz
--
If you would like to subscribe to the LefsetzLetter,
http://www.lefsetz.com/lists/?p=subscribe&id=1

If you do not want to receive any more LefsetzLetters, http://lefsetz.com/lists/?p=unsubscribe&uid=0eecea7b60b461717065cbde887c8e25

To change your email address http://lefsetz.com/lists/?p=preferences&uid=0eecea7b60b461717065cbde887c8e25

-- powered by phpList, www.phplist.com --

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.