Saturday 23 September 2023

Fall/Autumn Songs Playlist

Spotify playlist: https://tinyurl.com/37h7s7mr

1. "Maggie May" - Rod Stewart

"It's late September and I really should be back at school"

2. "Boys of Summer" - Don Henley

"Nobody on the road
Nobody on the beach
I feel it in the air
The summer's out of reach
Empty lake, empty streets
The sun goes down alone
I'm driving by your house
Though I know you're not home"

3. "Try to Remember" - The Brothers Four

"Try to remember the kind of September
When life was slow and oh, so mellow
Try to remember the kind of September
When grass was green and grain was yellow
Try to remember the kind of September
When you were a tender and callow fellow
Try to remember and if you remember
Then follow, follow"

4. "Urge For Going" - Tom Rush

"I awoke today and found the frost perched on the town
It hovered in a frozen sky, then it gobbled summer down
When the sun turns traitor cold
And all trees are shivering in a naked row
I get the urge for going but I never seem to go
I get the urge for going
When the meadow grass is turning brown"

5. "Back by Fall" - Wendy Waldman

"There's cryin' in the city
All the people are sayin'
I heard it on the mountain
Where I was living
No food for the children
Oh, the times are so bad
Whatever happened to giving
Oh mama, mend the hole in my coat
Take my guitar off the wall
I've got to go see what I can do
And I hope I'll be back by fall"

6. "Indian Summer" - Joe Walsh

"I was taken by surprise by the thunder
Sit and stared out at the rain
Taken back, I was younger
In a vacant lot day
And the fall brought an Indian summer
And plenty of places to play"

7. "Ramble On" - Led Zeppelin

"The leaves are falling all around, time I was on my way
Thanks to you, I'm much obliged for such a pleasant stay
But now it's time for me to go, the autumn moon lights my way."

8. "Night Moves" - Bob Seger

"When you just don't seem to have as much to lose
Strange how the night moves
With autumn closin' in"

9. "Seasons of Wither" - Aerosmith

"Blues hearted lady sleepy was she
Love for the devil brought her to me
Tears of a thousand drawn to her sin
Seasons of wither holdin' me in"

10. "Leaves That Are Green" - Simon & Garfunkel

"I was twenty-one years when I wrote this song
I'm twenty-two now, but I won't be for long
Time hurries on
And the leaves that are green turn to brown
And they wither with the wind
And they crumble in your hand"

11. "Indian Summer" - The Doors

"I love you the best
Better than all the rest
That I meet in the summer
Indian summer"

12. "Autumn Almanac" - the Kinks

"Breeze blows leaves of a musty-coloured yellow
So I sweep them in my sack
Yes, yes, yes, it's my autumn almanac"

13. "November Rain" - Guns N' Roses

"'Cause nothing lasts forever
And we both know hearts can change
And it's hard to hold a candle
In the cold November rain"

14. "Forever Autumn" - Justin Hayward

"Through autumn's golden gown we used to kick our way
You always loved this time of year
Those fallen leaves lie undisturbed now
'Cause you're not here"

15. "Yankee Lady" - Jesse Winchester

"An autumn walk on a old country road
With a million flaming trees
I was feeling a little uneasy
Cause there was winter chill in the breeze
And she said, "Oh Jesse, look over there,
I see birds are they are all southward bound
Oh Jesse, I'm so afraid
We are going to lose the love that we've found"

16. "Wake Me Up When September Ends" - Green Day


--
Visit the archive: http://lefsetz.com/wordpress/
--
Listen to the podcast:
-iHeart: https://ihr.fm/2Gi5PFj
-Apple
: https://apple.co/2ndmpvp
--
http://www.twitter.com/lefsetz
--
If you would like to subscribe to the LefsetzLetter,
http://www.lefsetz.com/lists/?p=subscribe&id=1

If you do not want to receive any more LefsetzLetters, http://lefsetz.com/lists/?p=unsubscribe&uid=0eecea7b60b461717065cbde887c8e25

To change your email address http://lefsetz.com/lists/?p=preferences&uid=0eecea7b60b461717065cbde887c8e25

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.