Thursday 5 October 2017

E-Mail Of The Day

From: Laura DiMichele
Subject: Re: Harvey Weinstein
Date: October 5, 2017 at 4:15:09 PM PDT
To: Bob Lefsetz

Not sure "taking liberties" is the proper description of sexual harassment. Of course I'm not surprised. I'm a 51 year old woman who has worked in legal profession since age 16; and 15 years in entertainment business and legal. I've been working with men. Powerful rich men too. All my mentors are men. I've seen it all. Sure things are better than 1984 but not too much different than when I was a 22 year old legal secretary in a small firm dealing with inappropriate old men. The powerful men may get away with it but the problem of sexism is much deeper. Like office mail room dude sending Dick pics. Or opposing counsel stalking me after meeting me in deposition. Or the highway patrolman pulling me over on the way to work 4 times for no reason but to tell me of his boat, motorcycle and try to get in my pants. When I went to my boss to ask for help, I was told that I stuck out like a sore thumb; cute blonde in a red sports car, so just don't drive on that freeway in the morning. Nice!' Going to take a few more generations to work it out. I have no sympathy for the good guys who are now uncomfortable because women are standing up to this shit. Booo hoo because what hurt me the most was when the good guys stood by and permitted their business partners to get away with it. The cowards who acknowledged what asshole pig did was wrong to my face but proposed solutions like maybe it's better if I lay low and not talk during dept meetings. They felt like that was protecting me. I'd point out that essentially telling me to shut up was sexist and demeaning as well. Some of the greatest men I worked for and with treated me with respect but rarely did I bear witness to one of those men standing up against the serial abuser in the office. Cowards. I'm not complaining because I learned from the best attorneys and by age 25, I was rolling the old horny assholes. Men are at a disadvantage because their dicks rule them.

Sent from my iPhone

--
Visit the archive: http://lefsetz.com/wordpress/
--
http://www.twitter.com/lefsetz
--
If you would like to subscribe to the LefsetzLetter,
http://www.lefsetz.com/lists/?p=subscribe&id=1

If you do not want to receive any more LefsetzLetters, http://lefsetz.com/lists/?p=unsubscribe&uid=0eecea7b60b461717065cbde887c8e25

To change your email address http://lefsetz.com/lists/?p=preferences&uid=0eecea7b60b461717065cbde887c8e25

-- powered by phpList, www.phplist.com --

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.